Solar power benefits
Benefits of installing solar panels
- 1Financial benefits
- 2Environmental benefits
- 3Other benefits
- Once your system is operational, solar energy is free to produce
- Your system will deliver annual savings to your electricity bill
- Payback periods typically fall within 10 years (average)
- You will be entitled to solar incentives when you purchase a solar system
- Long-term savings can run into the tens of thousands of dollars.
- You can take out a loan and pay nothing upfront. Calculate your repayments here.
- You insure yourself against the risk of rising electricity prices
- The value of your home will likely increase, all other things being equal.
Buy with confidence
- Solar energy is an infinite, renewable energy source.
- The installation of a 6.6kW solar system will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by over 250 tonnes in its lifetime (Victoria, Australia)
- There are no pollutants associated with the generation of solar power
- Household solar power reduces the demand for fossil fuel driven energy sources.
- Solar power systems require little to no maintenance once they are installed
- Solar power is an improving technology, in particular solar storage.
- Converting to solar power is easy! Our site is dedicated to helping you go solar.
- Solar power is a particularly safe way to produce energy. You don’t have the associated risks that: nuclear, oil, gas and coal power plants bring.
Considerations when planning to go solar
- Do your research. Solar power isn’t always right for everyone.
- Solar power cannot be generated at night.
- Installing a solar power system can be expensive.
- Solar panels produce less energy during winter months.
- Solar feed-in tariff rates are low in some states.
- If you remain connected to the grid, you will still have to pay a supply charge to your retailer. In many cases, this charge is higher for owners of solar power systems. Go figure!